To ensure the functionality of the entire network of the plurality of electrical components in a modern motor vehicle, it is absolutely necessary to reduce the probability of failure of each individual component to a minimum.
To permanently ensure the required extremely low ppm rates in production, the selection and implementation of the necessary process technologies is a major success factor.
Some of the process technologies already used by Pulse Automotive with many years of positive experience are briefly presented below.
- Fully automated thin wire winding equipment ( 35μm ) with integrated surface treatment processes, pin insertion, welding of insulated copper wires and automatic optical inspection
- Automatic thick wire winding
- Manual thick wire winding
Automatic production line for ignition transformers including thermos-compression welding system and automatic camera inspection of winding system at our production location in south China.
- thermo-compression welding
- resistance welding
- arc welding
- manual soldering
- reflow soldering
- selective wave soldering
- automatic solder joint inspection
Equipment for application of splices onto actuator systems for active damping solutions. In contrast to a standard crimp process where a pre formed contact is used, in the splicing process the crimp is formed during the process from endless material.
- automatic vacuum potting with epoxy resin and curing
- semi-automatic vacuum encapsulation with EP and PU materials
- encapsulation of coil systems and plug contacts with thermoplastics
Ignition coils for passenger car application after automatic vacuum potting process.
Other key processes
- automatic surface activation using plasma
- laser & inkjet marking (text and DMC codes) to ensure the traceability of parts
- automatic electrical end of line inspection of products
Plasma treatment of the surface of the secondary coil bobbin of an ignition transformer for streetcars.